Wangaratta West Parents and Friends Association (P&F) plays a significant role in the school, organising various activities and offering support to staff, students and the wider school community.
The aims and objectives of P&F are:
- to contribute to the wellbeing of the school community
- to encourage the participation of all parents in the life of the school and the education of their children
- to provide opportunities for all parents of students of the school to discuss issues concerned with the welfare and the general education policy of the school and to assist in the development of a shared parent view
- to contribute to proposals on school policy and other educational issues to the school council
- to provide opportunities for parents to get to know each other and to be informed about their child’s school
- to provide information for parents to extend their understanding of school issues
- to work in cooperation with the school council and the principal to raise funds for the benefit of the school
Activities that P&F is involved in:
- Mother’s and Father’s Day Stalls
- Special celebrations such as Hot Cross Buns morning tea
- School discos
- Fundraisers: Book Club, pie drive and community BBQs etc.
- Raising funds for community events such as Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea
- Supporting the school’s events: Book Fair, Athletics Day, school fete and special morning teas etc.
Joining P&F is a great way to get involved and be informed about the school’s directions and events. It is also a wonderful opportunity to make new friendships with a fantastic bunch of passionate and supportive people.
P&F conducts regular meetings to plan ways to continually support the school and the students. Members are welcome to come to as many or as few meetings as their schedule allows, or to just help out when available.
We invite you to come along to a meeting to see what we are all about. Please contact Yen Sanderson on 0401 833 330 for more information.